Sunday, June 15, 2003

Everyday is like Sunday
Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Cause I cook all day. It usually starts with a big breakfast in the morning. My fave are pancakes. We always ate them on the weekends as kids, and sometimes we even had them for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is the tastiest.

So this morning I made pancakes - lots of them. Chocolate chip ones, blueberry ones and just for kyle - peanut butter and jelly ones. Yum-e.

Kyle read somewhere that you are supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day. So of course, he goes out and buys us both pedometers. He's trying to get his numbers as high as possible. I can tell you this - it's 23 steps from here to my couch.

June gloom is gone and now it's DAMN HOT. Ugh - summer is definitely here. All day the Food Network was running "BBQ Week". Rather inspiring, so for dinner we bbq'ed. Roasted corn rocks. I made Ina Garten's recipe for Baked "Chips." They are easy and are a great side dish.

I then capped off my evening by watching Queer as Folk. I am seriously over-emotional cause I ended up crying at one scene. I love Peter Paige.

Here's Ina's recipe, try it, you'll love it.

Baked "Chips"
4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
4 tablespoons good olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 tesapoon minced fresh rosemary leaves

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in thirds lengthwise. You'll have six long wedges from each potato. Place all the ingredients in a bowl with the potatoes. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together, making sure the poattoes are covered with oil. Spread the potatoes in a single layer with one cut side down.

Bake the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, then turn to the other cut side. Bake for another 15 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned, crisp outside, and tender inside.

(I changed the wording of this recipe just a bit - to make it easier to understand. She tends to make her recipes too wordy. She also adds MORE salt after they come out of the oven. It's not really necessary. Apparently she doesn't care about high blood pressure....)