Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I found Nemo

Yes I love Disney. Yes I got married at Disneyland. No I do not like Disney movies. I never have, I don't know why. First of all the mothers are always DEAD. What up with that? Secondly - they are really really depressing movies if you watch them from an adult's perspective. The only one I really liked was Mulan - maybe because she had both her parents and it was a strong story. The whole transvestite thing....hey it was a means to an end.

So I saw Finding Nemo this weekend and I'm serious - that was scary and depressing. So sad, so so sad. Maybe it was my fear of water and drowning. The animation was fantastic. I also can't stand how Pixar makes "humans" so grotesque and freak-showy. I know that's part of the story but it's horrible. That stupid girl is just like the neighbor kid from Toy Story.

The good thing was we saw it at the Arclight. Yay! I love assigned seating and I hate standing in line. Yeah it's a tad more expensive, but I loved it. And hey the parking was free! Nowadays in L.A. valet parking can go up to $40!!

Anyway, the Arclight has a lot of special events there where writers and actors and directors come and speak about their films. At the end of the month Stan Lee is coming by to talk about Spiderman. I 'd like to hear Stan Lee talk - but no way in hell am I gonna sit through 2 hours of Tobey Maguire's weak ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minako said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Monday, June 29, 2009 2:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home