Thursday, July 15, 2004

go cart


I was in the market and this kid put her mouth on shopping cart bar. It kind of made me cringe. I go to the market all the time and I knew shopping carts were dirty, but I didn't know how dirty, til I saw this article.

Think about it, the carts rarely get washed (maybe hosed down now and then) and how many strangers a day touch the bar? In the cart people put raw meat, household cleaning chemicals, and don't even get me started on people who sneeze into their hands and then keep on pushing! But don't forget, moms put their babies in the seats too, and they have even found fecal matter - hello - leaky diapers...

So I bought this shopping cart cover from www.kozycoach.com. It's one of the more expensive ones, but it's padded (good for little ones) and has loops for toys. My kids needs his toys...constantly! It has a safety belt so it's secure, and the colors are too cute.

After reading that there is fecal matter in the carts - now I want a shopping cart cover for my poor little veggies too!!

5 Comments:

Blogger SouthernMom said...

I bought one of those (not that particular brand, but one from Babies-R-Us) and used it some, but I've abandoned it all together now. Of course, he doesn't try to put as many things in his mouth anymore, being 2 and all. They are a pretty cool idea.

Thursday, July 15, 2004 1:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like everyone should just carry around a can of Lysol.

Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

that last one was me.

Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I agree that babies do need to be exposed to SOME germs, but ew. I used it today, it's so great!

Friday, July 16, 2004 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have to wash the cart cover after each use so you don't pick up the little buggers from the fabric as you put it away?
Judi from momonthealert.com

Monday, July 19, 2004 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home