Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I do

Last night a close friend of mine called with news of his baby girl. He was so excited and it's so weird to think that we were once in that position of bringing a newborn home. Now I feel like an old pro.

We talked about how - when you're in the pregnancy stage - you make all these plans to still do the things you used to, and see your old friends etc. And the reality is, none of that happens.  But I guess it doesn't matter since all of our friends are at the same stage in our lives, married, having babies. So if we only see or talk to each other once a year, it doesn't feel that long since everyone's life is so full anyway.

Speaking of - it's our four year wedding anniversary this week. It only seems like longer cause we have actually been together for 12 years total. That's longer than some marriages...

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I was randomly reading blogs while having my morning coffee and I stumbled onto yours. I just had to say "hi" and let you know that I too celebrated my 4 year wedding anniversary, but have been with my husband for 12 years total. We're high school sweethearts. I've never known or met anyone in the same boat, so it's nice to know that there are couple out there that have been together forever before getting married.

Anyway, I'm new to blogging and I love yours. I have a 2 year old son who currently is at the height of his terrible twos. If you get a chance, check out my blog - http://mommyinterrupted.blogs.com

Take care,
Val

Thursday, August 19, 2004 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home