Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Running on empty

Here's the reason I NEVER ANSWER THE DOOR when the doorbell rings. Tonight I'm standing in my living room looking out the window. We live on a one way street. I see EIGHT cop cars going the wrong direction down the street and a helicopter overhead. We live in a generally safe area, so I say to my husband, "that's odd."

The phone rings. My brother says "Turn it to channel 11."

Hello.

There's a guy with a gun in his hand running down the street...in front...of our...house. What the f*. On the tv they tackle the guy - I look out the window and there he is getting put in the cop car. Ridiculous.

Apparently he started on the run from Burbank. If you don't know L.A. Burbank is no where NEAR where we live, so how this moron ended up on our street corner is beyond me. This is why I watch the news, to see where there car chases go to because it may end up someplace you know.

Again, I never answer the front door. sTivo stopped by earlier tonight without calling first, now you know why it takes us so long to answer the door, if I don't know you're coming over...you might as well go home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Scary stuff. A couple of weeks ago the swat team was in my old nieghborhood. Apparently the guy who lived with his parents next door to us was trying to take refuge in our house after escaping from jail. About 4 houses away was the daycare I used to work at. Crazy people are scary.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well how did I miss this? I'm glad it worked out ok and you guys didn't get caught up in it worse. There's all kinds of crazy junk like that going on these days. There have been 2 meth labs busted within a block or two of me and I live in one of those little Maberry towns. -kat

Thursday, July 08, 2004 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home