Friday, July 16, 2004

shoplifters of the world, unite and take over

Man do I hate hot weather. Seriously, we live by the beach and it's still sweltering. I think it's the humidity. It reminds me of a mild day in Hawaii. Therefore, root beer shave ice sounds too damn good.
 
The baby and I took my Grandma to the Marukai 98 cents store. That place is the bomb, cleaner than a "99 Cents" store, and has cooler weird Japanese products. I took my kozy coach and put it in the cart. 
 
Gram:  Wow! That cart cover is neat! We should "borrow" a cart to KEEP at home, that way we always know it's clean.
Me: Uh, that's stealing, number one and two, hello what are we homeless people?
Gram: I didn't say steal - I said "borrow."
Me: I'm not keeping a shopping cart at home.
Gram: (always sly) I really think we need our own cart...
Me: I'm not going to steal you a shopping cart....
 
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

haha, those older ladies are sneaky.

Friday, July 16, 2004 8:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say that I ADORE your blog. Hilarious and great style. Keep posting! And I can't believe that there's a clean 98 cents store. That's a physical impossibility in New York at least.
Rey

Monday, July 19, 2004 6:17:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Okay it's me again!
My mother LOVES that Marukai 98 cents store! No way!! I do have to admit, though, that they do have some nifty things there! :)
Another SoCal Gal,
Leslie

Monday, August 16, 2004 9:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home