Saturday, August 28, 2004

Good eats

Fresh Salmon, garlic prawns, grilled pork chops...mmm... For my birthday dinner we went to Kincaids. Turns out if you go weekdays between 5pm and 6pm - they offer a three course dinner for under $20! You get a soup or salad, entree, dessert and drink. What a deal!

Course we drove like maniacs and got there at 5:59. The hostess was a total beyotch. And then when I asked if we could still get the special dinner (technically I made it before 6 right?) she was even bitch-ier, if that's possible. Still, I NICELY asked to talk to the manager, just to see if it was possible. I mean, after all, it was my birthday and the in-laws were in tow. She rudely said "FINE"...and we got the dinner. HA.

Even more "HA" than that - if you sign up for Kincaids Premier email dining club, they send you coupons. Now and then I'd get a free $20 off dinner. On this particular occasion they sent me a special coupon for my birthday - get $10 off for every guest you bring - therefore - we got $40 off our already cheap ass bill! The dinner was incredibly good and who could beat that price.

I usually don't eat shrimp because they don't have butts. No seriously, why would you want to eat something that never excretes it's own poo?? HOWEVER, I can't resist anything that says "GARLIC" in the title, so I had the garlic prawns. They were sooo good. Kyle got the pork chop, and I must say, that was the bomb.

Kincaids is also known for their creme brulee. Go there. it's good, and CHEAP.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Hey Happy Belated B-Day!
Never been to Kincaids...but then again we really don't go to steak houses. My husband is ├╝ber picky, and I rarely eat meat. When we do go, though, we end up pigging out on BREAD. We LOVE bread. And no we're not on the Atkins, obviously!

Bitchy waitresses bug big time. My husband and I usually have a running tip-o-meter for the servers. It fluctuates during the meal; if they're particularly bitchy, one of us will say, "tick!" -- that means that their tip is plummeting. It's our inside joke (yes, we do get out often enough...but still)...and it makes unbearable service a bit better.

Saturday, August 28, 2004 9:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!
Wishing you a wonderful year.
And wishing you full and a good night's sleep

Judi
Momonthealert.com

Sunday, August 29, 2004 12:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. The last sentence of my comment should read:
And wishing you a good night's sleep!

Judi from Momonthealert.com

Sunday, August 29, 2004 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! Happy Belated Birthday! Your reason for not eating shrimp cracked me up; too funny! Glad to hear you had a great birthday (except for the bitchy waitress). Take care!

-hiroko

Sunday, August 29, 2004 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger little things said...

Happy belated birthday, Jenn! Yum... I love Kincaid's... back in the day, I worked at the one at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu and love, love, love the creme brulee! Hope all your birthday wishes come true this year!

Sunday, August 29, 2004 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

New York needs to have one.

Monday, August 30, 2004 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like shrimp because they pull all that gunk out of them before they get to me.

Happy belated. Are you old yet? I know, you're still a lot younger than I am, so always take heart;).

And yeah, I have a problem with eyeballs too. But that was still a great fight.
-kat

Monday, August 30, 2004 7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home