Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Rodeo Drive

I took the in-laws shopping in Beverly Hills today. We walked down the new "revamped" Rodeo Drive. Just off the golden triangle. Believe it or not, the street used to be stark and boring. Now it's grand. Apparently everyone and their mother is opening a flagship store down there. We stopped at LV and drooled over all the purses. Then we walked down to Gucci and Tiffany's.

But the best part of the day was seeing the new Prada store. Unlike the other stores, they don't open until 12 noon and man, do they do it dramatically. There is this warning sound and this metal - armor like- screen comes down and security guards are everywhere, and the trench drains flip over mechanically. It's gorgeously designed, by Rem Koolhaas, of course. How exclusive is this store? There's no name on the front of it, so you'd have no idea it's there. Course, while walking down the street, there are mannequins buried in the sidewalk...don't ask.

So we went upstairs to the clothes area all three of us all piled into one dressing room. Why? Because the dressing rooms are all glass, and everyone can see you - until you press the "privacy" button and the glass magically fogs up. Now that's cool.

The funniest thing was, the elevator was broken, and if you've ever seen the store, there are massive steps up to the clothes area. So they security guards told me to park my stroller in the front while we went around. I could tell that the sales staff was mortified at my big ass stroller parked right in the display. I can just imagine some fashionista coming into the store saying, "I must own that PRADA STROLLER." Ha.

**images courtesy of www.europaconcorsi.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a body express makeover related site. Most of the articles are on body express makeover.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a body express makeover related site. Most of the articles are on body express makeover.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home