Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Busy scissors

Holy crap. KROQ announced the Inland Invasion 4 lineup. It's a "flashback" lineup. The logo is even the old school "revolutionize your ears" sticker that I used to have plastered on the side of my plastic case that I used as a purse. Ah, the 80's.

Anyway, check this - Morrissey, X (freakin' X, can you believe it!!), Siouxsie Sioux, Devo, Tears for Fears, Billy Idol, Missing Persons and Flock of Seagulls. And yes, I've saved the best for last. Ian Brown of the Stone Roses. The Stone Roses, people, do you understand?? I was just talking to Giao about this - the Stone Roses, aka, the best band that never was.

Am I going to the show? You bet your ass....I'm not. HA! I don't want to hang around in the I.E. all day in the hot sun waiting to hear "Hairdresser on Fire" live and in person.

I'm old, no apologies. Hey son, go fetch me my "Viva Hate" on vinyl. And get my dentures and my walker while you're at it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Uh, I guess I'd be torn too because I too am old. But what a lineup! I think I'd prolly waffle and then wind up wanting to go for old (school) time's sake.

I love the 80s.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh Revolutionize Your Ears....you just brought back a FLOOD of memories! I had that sticker all over my locker and Pee Chee.....I was that cool! Ha!

Tears for Fears! That was my first concert ever....Irvine Meadows -- Tales from the Big Chair! And Morrissey.....oh! Gottta love that!

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Why can't it be in NYC? Why!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home