Saturday, September 25, 2004

deep fried

Today we went to the L.A. County Fair. Have you seen the commerical where the teacher asks the kids, "Where does milk come from?" and they answer, "Cafe latte...half caff soy milk cappuccino..." And the announcer says, "If anyone needs a county fair, it's L.A." Ha. Very funny.

We were there for 5 hours - yeesh - but damn that place was big. We covered every part of it and saw all the little piggies and sheep and cows. They kid could care less.

I also got to eat the best ice cream I have ever eaten. And that's saying an awful lot, considering all the different kinds of ice cream I have eaten over the years. Tangerine Sherbet from Dr. Bob's - was so good, I can't even describe it. I have never had Dr. Bob's, I had it shipped to a friend for his birthday once, but never enjoyed it myself. Now I'm glad I chose it - cause seriously, BEST EVER.

And while we are talking about food, let's get this straight, I love fried foods. HOWEVER, deep fried snickers bars, oreos and twinkies...well, the thought makes me want to puke right now. Check out this list of deep fried thingies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Hey Jenn!
We're going on Sunday (the last day) -- I'll be sure o steer clear of the deep fried twinkies (had one once...and never again!) Hopefully it won't be too crowded or hot. L.A. crowds + heat = FUSSY mama!

Saturday, September 25, 2004 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I think the "Australian" potatoes gave me food poisoning. Ugh.

Sunday, September 26, 2004 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Jenn-
So we went to the fair, and I just about flipped a lid! It was everything I was hoping it wouldn't be: HOT & CROWDED! Now you don't have to be a rocket scientist (like my F-I-L) to surmise that YES! it's going to be hot, and YES! it's going to be crowded. Apparently that part of my brain wasn't working, because I did my fair share of complaining about the heat, the crowds etc.

We spent all of two hours there -- and I pretty much ran back to the car, crying for the air conditioner!!! I'm a BABY, yep! I admit it.

Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Jenn,

You have no idea what you are missing girl. You have to try the deep fried candy. So good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, September 27, 2004 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home