Wednesday, September 08, 2004

everything's good in the world....tonight!

What the hell is wrong with me. I just started watching the best show on tv - how could I have missed the whole first season!? Bands Reunited on VH-1 kicks ass. They go around and find all the original members (some of which hate each other) and have them reunite for a one night concert.

This season they did one of my most fave bands, ABC, and then they did Haircut 100! Two of the most memorable new wave 80's bands, ever.

Who would you want to see reunited? I'd say the Smiths of course, but we all know that's never going to happen. You can tell by the length of the program whether or not the band agrees to do it. For both Haircut and ABC - it was an hour long (according to TIVO.) Meanwhile the New Kids on the Block show was only 30 minutes. So obviously someone said no. I have no idea who those guys are anyway, I only know Marky Mark but apparently he wasn't in New Kids. Who knew.

The thing about doing bands from the 80's - it has been 20 years...Nick Heyward was such a cute boy and now - uh - let's just say, time is a bitch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

I know, I missed most of season 1 of Bands Reunited too! I caught the ABC reunion a couple nights back and thought the same thing: why haven't I watched this more? It's a super show!

As for who to get reunited...good question! Will need to think on that one.

Friday, September 10, 2004 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

P.S. When Smokey Sings is my abfab favorite from ABC, yay for your title!

Friday, September 10, 2004 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home