Friday, September 03, 2004

i'm your friendly travel agent

All these New York discussions have made me want to go back. So instead I rented "You've Got Mail". That is a great New York movie.

"You've Got Mail" features Zabars, ohhhh, my favorite foodie store.

I just read, and have never been here, but I heard they opened a dessert bar called Chikalicious. A place that serves only dessert? Who stole my idea? Speaking of places that specialize and seeing how my friend loves FOOD, here are a few notable NY places that are truly...only in New York....

Peanut Butter and CO - in Greenwich Village, a place that serves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Sounds boring? No way! Kyle would be in heaven.

That's not weird enough for you? How about a shop that sells ONLY Rice Pudding? Yep, that's Rice to Riches. Check out their menu. (You gotta give em props for their flashwork on the webpage.)

Finally, let's just get all our cavities filled and head on over to Dylan's Candy Bar. A 10,000 square foot candy store, can you dig it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Church said...

ARGH ARGH ARGH I HATE YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!!

Why?

Because it's a bad remake of an excellent film called The Shop Around The Corner by Ernst Lubitsch. Featuring a very young Jimmy Stewart, this movie is just an example of how smart and how good a romantic comedy can be. Aaron Sorkin owes a lot of Raphaelson's screenplay and the way that Lubitsch coached his actors.

It's set in Budapest, though, which is not New York.

Friday, September 03, 2004 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Blah, blah, blah...Budapest.

Did I hear that correctly? HA. kidding.

Friday, September 03, 2004 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Rice to Riches RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!!!

Saturday, September 04, 2004 5:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
...for all the responses to the NYC blogs and THANK YOU Jenn for your massive internet effort to help this trip become so worthwhile for me. It was AWESOME! Even got to go to one of the interesting food places on this blog: Rice to Riches. It was iiiiinteresting. But I have to say - know what rice pudding is before you go there and you must like rice pudding. :) Do NOT order the "Courage" coffee...unless you like orange and chocolate...A LOT! I like orange and chocolate, but this mix made it impossible to get through even 1/3 of the 16 ouncer we bought. I had to trade in for a small mocha.

Anyhoo - NYC was great! I wanna go back, though I have to wait until my legs recover, I can barely walk today.

lots of thanks ~cheryl

Monday, September 13, 2004 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home