Wednesday, September 29, 2004

my boy likes to party all the time


As October approaches, so do the fall weddings. Now, most everyone I know is married or well on their way. Then there are the few of us with newborns, THEN there are those way ahead who have kid number two! Yikes, when did we all grow up?

Speaking of growing up - the kid turns one years old in a few months. What the...? Which means, by default - we HAVE to do a big one year birthday party. This is not my rule, and in fact, partier that I am, I don't really feel like it. But my in-laws insist upon it. "Everyone in Hawaii does it, and it's a HUGE LUAU. YOU HAVE TO DO IT." Geez, I get it already. Well, I've been to one, and let's say that it was pretty close to a mini wedding. I'm definitely NOT going that route.

Something small, at home, and not tons of peeps. My house can't handle that and neither can my pocketbook. However, I will now get to cook like a crazy woman and I'm all about that! I don't why that brings me such joy...

Since we are talking luaus, last night we used some powdered poi, microwaved lau lau and I made chicken long rice. Can I tell you....the crock pot is your friend. Here's the recipe.

5 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

I am happy cooking also.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger little things said...

My husband's niece turns one in January and her parents booked a venue for the baby luau back in June! It's crazy how big the baby's first birthday parties are back in Hawaii!

Thursday, September 30, 2004 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this isn't a comment in response to your party, but to your website. First off, did you create the webpage yourself? If so, that's really nice! And also, I'm assuming you created the items that people can buy. If so, that's cool too! Just thought I'd comment!

Thursday, September 30, 2004 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Yep. I designed the store pages as well as the items. Thanks!

Thursday, September 30, 2004 8:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the chicken long rice...and added touch is to add some dried sliced Shitake mushrooms to your crock pot concoction. Too bad my boyfriend doesn't like mushrooms. :(

~cheryl

Monday, October 04, 2004 3:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home