Monday, September 27, 2004

snack attack

Wholesale Unlimited is a seed store in Hawaii. I signed up for their email list and look at this new product they are selling:

Who knew you could eat watermelon seeds? And with powdered cheese no less! It sounds nasty.

A childhood fave are these "Kimi Balls" aka "Boro Boro Balls," aka "Honey Balls." Whatever you call them, they melt in your mouth and every little kid eats them. So I shove one in my baby's mouth and he makes this face, then proceeds to vomit all over the carpet. Nice. Maybe I should have shoved a "deep fried garlic clove" in his mouth instead. Yeesh.

3 Comments:

Blogger little things said...

I make a trip to Wholesale Unlimited every time I go home to Hawaii and stock up like a madwoman. The bottom shelf of my kitchen pantry is like a mini Wholesale Unlimited store completely filled with local goodies. Yum!

Monday, September 27, 2004 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Apparently I am lame -- I can't find your e-mail either. DOH!
E-mail me at heyrubbersol at yahoo.com

Onto a happier note......
BORO BOROS rule!!! I love SHOVING a bunch in my mouth. And the watermelon seeds? I'll pass, thank you. Some of their "new products" are a bit questionable. For example: I like gummi bears. I like Li Hing Mui flavor. But gummi bears + Li Hing Mui flavor = RANCID! EWWW.

Nato on the other hand.....I can grub on nato. Who knew?

Monday, September 27, 2004 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Fun site! I am unfamiliar with a lot of Hawaiian foods, but I think I am a fiend with the salted seed (I am a salt fanatic, which is hard because my hubs is salt-sensitive with his borderline high blood pressure). I'd previously found salted seeds in Mexican groceries, called saladitos, because recently, the only ones available in the Oriental Supermarkets were always tainted with a licorice flavor added/aspartamey sweetness that ruined them. Thanks for the tip!

Tuesday, September 28, 2004 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home