Thursday, September 16, 2004

Vuole qualcosa da mangiare?

For my birthday my husband got me a Williams-Sonoma Italian cooking class. I half suspect it was so I'd make him an elaborate Italian meal.

The class was amazing! You learn so much and unlike when I am at home on the couch shouting at Emeril Lagasse for being a jackass, here you can ask questions and actually learn something.

The chef and her husband (acting sous chef) made Fettuccine alla Papalina (Fettuccine with eggs and prosciutto), Arrosto ai Funghi (Pot rost of beef with mushrooms), Gatto' di patate (Potato Mold), and Crespelle ai Lamponi (Crepes with raspberries).

It was all utterly delish and surprisingly easy to make. The pasta was amazing, though I don't know if I'd make it again, it relies too heavily on butter and I bake enough to fulfill my butter intake, already.

The class was cozy and interesting, but lasted two hours, I think I would have liked to have gone with a friend, it felt a little lonely. The best part is, at the end...you get to eat EVERYTHING. They serve it to you on fabulous Williams Sonoma dishes and it just makes you want to buy everything. They also give you 10% off whatever you want to buy that day. Nice. So of course, I couldn't let that go to waste - heck that's California state tax right there! So I bought this cute little pumpin cake pan. Yeah like I need more cake pans, but I promise to use it for every party this fall!!

3 Comments:

Blogger SouthernMom said...

Ooo...I love that cake pan! I don't think I have the attention span for a cooking class. I bet the end result was yummy, though!

Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Ok must get that pan now. Thank you very much.

Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

That cake pan--I likee! How could you possibly resist, especially with an extra 10% off! I think those cooking classes where you just sit and watch and then eat are great. On Election Day in 2000 a group of my coworker ladyfriends, my sis, and I went to one in the schmancy Italian resto next to our office. It was delicious. And so much wine!

Thursday, September 16, 2004 5:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home