Monday, September 20, 2004

Work it girl

A long time ago, Oprah did a show about women who didn't enjoy being moms. The backlash was outrageous - people were so enraged they felt like those women should have been stoned to death. I didn't have a child at the time, but I wondered how people could feel that way.

Well, now that I have my own kid, I gotta say, I partially get it. Man having a kid is like the best thing in your life and the worst thing. It's great on the good days and hell on the bad. Sometimes you feel like you just weren't cut out for this sort of thing. I'm sure it will pass, but it sucks that it's the hardest job in the world, and people who don't have kids don't seem to get that. Heck, I didn't get it til I had one.

I'm trying to get the kid to take the bottle. He ain't having it. The doctor (and my mom) say to starve him - they say, "he won't starve, he'll eventually eat." Let's just say my kid is as stubborn and I am. Therefore, I have a feeling he can hold out for days. I guess he is going to grow up and be a supermodel...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Jenn-
Having kids is HARD WORK!!! It really is. There are some days when I'd rather wash dishes and do laundry than deal with a tantrum!

Did you try having someone else give your babe a bottle while you're in another room? I tell ya, kids are smart. They know when boobage is around....and they'll hold out until they get it!!!

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home