Friday, October 01, 2004

867-5309

I hate wrong numbers. I know it's not your fault that you dialed a 9 instead of a 7. However, it is your fault that you INSISTED that my name was JULIE and you misdialed me at 8 in the morning.

Maybe it's because I hate talking on the phone, period. Even to people I know. I'm a multi-tasker and handling the phone is a pain. Maybe i just like the quickness and ease of email. I like machines, they intrigue me.

My grandma's convinced that machines are going to destroy the world and goes out of her way to talk to a human first. My mother in law is like that too. She can spend HOURS on the phone. That's not for me.

Today I went to the post office and now they have a machine to send your packages, no human interaction necessary! Not that I am against human interaction, I'm just against standing in line to get human interaction. Now you just put your package on the scale, follow the touch screen, and voila! You're done! Thank god.

9 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Jenny, Jenny...who can I turn to?

We get TONS of calls for "Stewart Green." He's so irritating, that Stew. I don't even know him, but he bugs.

I saw those machines, and I was quite intrigued by them. But unfortunately for me, they don't accept international global mailers -- BAH!

Friday, October 01, 2004 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger eleanor said...

Saw your featured craft, did someone teach you that or did you think of it yourself. Thank you, I appreciated it immensly.

Friday, October 01, 2004 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

If you mean the jello, no, I learned to do that from a cookbook and have seen it at every Hawaii party I've ever been to.

As far as the pumpkins, yes, I made that up myself. I just took an x-acto and started sculpting away.

Friday, October 01, 2004 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh Jenn, you know you and I are on the same page with hating using the phone. I'd be super perturbed to be roused from ym daily thing at 8am for a wrong number. In these parts, we get the rudest wrong-number callers who just hang up once we say they've dialed wrong. I suppose that's better than arguing that you are who they say you are, no matter what.

Also, I saw that machine at the USPS the other day too and wondered and pondered and still went to the person at the counter (no line). I just may do it next time though!

Friday, October 01, 2004 4:59:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

Hummm...I don't know that I'd use the post office machine, either. I'm just not into the "do it yourself" lines at places. I've never liked the check your own groceries line as well. Just call me old fashioned - ha.

Friday, October 01, 2004 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Yeah I don't like do it yourself groceries either, I'm not a good bagger.

I'm not against human beings, I just hate waiting in line and them asking me what hazardous this that and the other I have. Nothing perishable, nothing liquid. Sheesh. You'd think I was transporting squid.

Friday, October 01, 2004 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

p.s.

Stewart Green is an ass.

Friday, October 01, 2004 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh God I'm laughing so hard right now!!! Your blunt humor is hilarious!

Okay now go and read e-mail....I have a task for you.

Saturday, October 02, 2004 12:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only if I have ten items or less, I use them grocery store self serve scanner thingees...I think i would've been a GOOD bagger, LOL.

And I LUUUUUV them post office machine things. You would think I was a people person...maybe for somethings I just don't need the human interaction.

~cheryl

Monday, October 04, 2004 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home