Monday, October 11, 2004

juicy!


This post is lame, but helpful. Hey give me a break, I've been extremely busy. I haven't even used the computer in a week, now that's something!

I make guacamole a lot because my husband loves it - it takes either a whole lemon or a whole lime, and juicing it can be a pain. So I've found that the easiest way is to take the half lemon, put it between a pair of tongs, and that way you can squeeze the heck out of it and get all of your money's worth. Forget those juicers and reamers. This works better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

I found your site through Giao and really like it! Congrats.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that. You know, in authentic Mexican cooking, we don't add lime or lemon to guacamole. That's another salsa called "pico de gallo". I agree that it tastes better with lime, though!

Monday, October 11, 2004 6:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can never make guac - I always eat the avacado before I can add anything to it.
-kat

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 4:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home