Thursday, October 14, 2004

my breast friend

Well, the kid is officially done nursing. I celebrated today by drinking a Coke. I haven't had a Coke in over 16 months. It tasted pretty darn good. Next on my list is coffee with caffeine, I usually always got decaf anyway, but what the hell, I can. Also peanuts, meaning peanut M&M's, orange juice and grapefruit. Yay.

I don't drink, so missing out on alchohol wasn't an issue, anyway. But not eating those things for over a year wasn't as bad as I thought. And I'm telling you - not eating peanut M&M's for a year, well, I'd rather die. But I did it. I love my son.

Dealing with the pain of it? Someone told me to use cabbage leaves but I felt like a damn salad bar.

Now...the depression. Oh...you without kids didn't know? Yep, depression is part of the weaning process. Not for everyone, but for some. And it sucks. With all the highs and lows that go with pregnancy they should include the number of a licensed therapist right there on the home pregnancy test.

Anyway, on to the foodfest. Course now when I eat all my poundage with stay with me instead of just melting away. Crap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a better mom than I was. I learned that all the hard way when I drank a Jolt Cola while nursing. Once - only once.

Friday, October 22, 2004 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home