Tuesday, October 05, 2004

PUMP it up

I got a few emails asking me questions about the carved pumpkins that I do. So just to clarify, you take a photograph and take it into photoshop and alter it to a black and white line drawing. OR draw over one by hand making sure you have negative and positive space clearly defined.

Then print it out, tape it to the pumpkin, and use a pushpin to "trace" around the image. Then get your xacto and go at it! I never actually puncture the pumpkin because it actually ruins the image. Whatever you want to leave "black" don't carve, leave the skin. Get it?

Still confused? Go to craftster.org to find out the steps for a stencil! Here's the stencil I used for Kyle's face, as well as the finished product!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Thanks for the update, Jenn!

And I cracked up -- I like how you took creative license to crop the mullet!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

I'm going to carve a thousand Kyle pumpkins and spread them all over Boston, just to mess with people.

Or not.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Okay so this is TOTALLY off-topic, but I just had to mention that I have Depeche Mode's Question of Lust stuck in my head EVERY time I visit your site. That's a good thing though......

Wednesday, October 06, 2004 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home