Tuesday, October 26, 2004

schizKNIT


I don't knit, I never have and I never will. There are just some crafts in this world that I won't tackle. Ceramics, glass etching, beading. I've done 'em all. Knitting - I won't do. I just don't get how two little chop-sticky things can make a scarf. Whatever.

My aunt, however, is teaching herself, and of course, the "bible" - Stitch 'n Bitch, is helping her through. I leafed through that thing, and hot damn if I didn't see the cutest little hat with cat ears. I begged and begged for her to make me that for Christmas, but I have a feeling she hasn't reached that level of stitchdom yet.

Sigh.

I want my cat hat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Church said...

Kristin is making a baby blanket for friends of mine right now from that book. She's had to alter it, because the writer goes straight into some insanely difficult sort of thing right off the bat for the border, etc. So far, it looks great. After this, I gotta get my Space Invaders Scarf on.

Monday, October 25, 2004 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

YES. Space Invaders scarf was also on my want list, but after seeing my aunt's eyes glaze over after the pleading for the cat hat, I gave up.

Monday, October 25, 2004 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taught myself to knit a year or so ago. I can actually make nice sweaters and even adjust patterns (and I'm not a math person) - but, I don't think I'm good enough to try the cat hat and am only starting to think of tackling that alien scarf.
-kat

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting is IN! It's also quite fun to be able to make scarves and stuff just the way you want them and to match your outfits etc.... That book is good, but some of the best knitting books are the ones from Japan, if you can read Japanese. I was just attracted to your post heading :)

Shiz :)
http://www.shizknitz.com
(although I don't do all that knitting myself)

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home