Wednesday, October 27, 2004

when we pretend that we're dead

With tears in my eyes, it's sad to say....The Office is over. Wah. So it ends, the greatest television comedy of all time. (David Letterman's words, not mine, tho I agree.) Damn I love that show. I watched the finale - that is, The Office Special on BBC America this weekend. If you have ever worked in an office enviroment, you must watch this show. I won't give it away, but I was very satisfied with the ending. Any other outcome and I would have been ticked! Yay Tim!

Speaking of all things British, we finally saw a real movie in a real theater - we saw Shaun of the Dead! The in-laws watched the kid, and we made a night of it. I also realized...who cares? I don't miss going out at all. I don't want to go to the movies, I have tivo and netflix - AND now going to the movies costs $10 a ticket! Hello? To sit next to a stranger in the dark with my feet stuck to the floor? No thanks.

Anyway, Shaun of the Dead was GREAT. Considering I don't like blood and the like, it was basically a comedy - or what they call a "ROMZOMCOM" - ahem, romantic zombie comedy. Great movie, great lines. Plus you get a 10 second cameo from Martin Freeman. See how I tied the beginning of this post to the end? Yay.

2 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

That movie was awesome!!!!! Glad you liked it as well.

Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Oh, yeah. And having Lucy Davis in the movie for a major chunk of it did me no harm at all. *crush*

Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home