Saturday, November 27, 2004

black friday

Yes, I was one of those millions of crazy shoppers out and about the day after Thanksgiving at the black friday sales. I woke up at 5am despite only have 4 hours of sleep. I gotta say, it was worth it. I mean flannel was 99cents a yard, that's a damn bargain. I ran the heck into the store, got the flannel and raced to the front of the cutting line. That's what will kill you in a craft store, waiting for the cutting. Rather quickly, 25 people lined up behind me. Whew.

Then comes the only slightly bad incident, there was a lady at the opposite end of the counter who INSISTED she was there before me. I never saw her, and neither did the 25 irate people behind me. But in the spirit of not wanting a migraine so early in the morn, I reluctantly agreed to go stand behind her. My 25 followers boo'ed my decision but hey, it was give in or wrestle the old lady to the ground.

Anyway, she got hers, because the idiot went up to get her fleece cut and guess what. It wasn't..on...sale. The stuff she wanted was only on sale SATURDAY. So she woke up at 5am for nothing. Ha. That's what she gets for being so rude to me and my 25 friends.

Anyway, I made it out alive, went home and slept. The whole ordeal took 30 minutes. Not bad. Then a few hours later, the husband and kid woke up. So I ventured out again, and we stayed out ALL DAY LONG. We got a ton of deals with only a little hassle.

And what's the best cure for a shopping hangover? Tito's Tacos of course. So we had a nice post-thanksgiving dinner. Mmmm..tacos.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Oh Jenn...Tito's Tacos....I'm SO CRAVING some of their tacos right now. (Call it serendipitous....b/c I was JUST thinking of them...and then your post reinforced the craving!) But NOOOOO we have to eat LEFTOVERS. Ugh!!!!!!!

I am such a BIG fan of Tito's ...we used to run there during lunch in h.s. -- of course it was crowded as heck. So we always ended up eating in 5th period.

Oh and their salsa w/ chips. Oh, man!

Saturday, November 27, 2004 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

More power to you lady!

Sunday, November 28, 2004 6:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home