Saturday, November 13, 2004

in hot water

A friend of mine had surgery and encouraged everyone to go visit him in the hospital. Friends, co-workers, he didn't give a crap. I'm not down with that. For him, that's great, if that'll make him feel better, for me, no way. Unless I specially ask you to be there, just leave me alone until I'm not just wearing a sheet and shuffling my a$$ to the bathroom for all to see.

When I was pregnant I didn't want any visitors, hello, I just pushed something out of me a la "Alien" I don't need people around while I recover. In my family, unless you are immediate relatives, we just go to the person's house AFTER they get out of the hospital, bringing along with us food and gifts and junk. It's better that way. Less pressure for you, less pressure for them.

Speaking of hospitals, my grandpa was in there a few days ago. He was taking a shower and turned on the hot water, it scalded his feet to the point where he now has third degree burns. The hot water heater in their apartment is central and it's "the law" that it has to be that hot because it's connected to the washer. That sucks. The man is 87 years old.

The injury didn't keep him from eating fritos and fudge for lunch. I think that's what's kept him alive for so long.

3 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Glad your grandfather is good. Shouldn't fritos and fudge be mandatory for everyone?

Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

Oh, Jenn! I'm so sorry for your grandfather! That's just awful. I know fritos and fudge would get me through the pain, too.

Sunday, November 14, 2004 7:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I had my giant son & they had this portable bidet hose that was supposed to be a pleasant experience. I saw steam & shot it on my finger. NO WAY was I using that & I told them. Still had to pay for the darned thing too. Stupid hospitals.

Sorry your grandpa got his feet burned. Poor guy. 87 and that's what he gets. But fritos & fudge...that actually sounds like a winner.
-kat

Monday, November 15, 2004 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home