Thursday, December 16, 2004

cookie nazis


It started out innocently enough. My mom had to do a cookie exchange for work. I told her I'd make the cookies if she'd babysit the kid. She said ok, and that she was supposed to bring Maple Cookies. I told her that was lame and that I wanted to make "Burger Bites" - I love these things and make them every Christmas. They are the cutest little things. (I'll post that recipe next week.)

My mom comes back and says the people doing the cookie swap said that my Burger Bites aren't "REAL" cookies. Oh no they di'int. I was pissed. You've heard of killing someone with kindness? Well I planned to kill these nerds with perfection.

So I made Maple Snickerdoodles. They came out darn tasty if I do say so myself. Then I bagged and sealed them - yes I have a professional sealer - then I boxed them - yes I have professional baker's boxes. Shut it, when Martha gets out of prison she can have her job back.

My mom said that in the cookie swap you are supposed to print out the recipes. Oh really? Well I took that one step further and printed them on cardstock, made vellum sleeves and slid a ribbon through a logo and fastened it to the top of the box. I also made customized stickers to go on the inside of the box with my mom's name and the cookie name on them.

I'm sure my mom will be like, "Uh, that's too over the top." Who cares. They shouldn't have veto'ed my original cookie recipe. I told my mom that when she delivers them to the swap she should say, "Here's your Maple Cookies, bitches!"

click HERE for a larger look at the box, and HERE for the recipe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Jenn!

You're the bomb diggity! And my new hero! :)

Nanette

Thursday, December 16, 2004 1:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SO ROCK, GIRL!!!

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I started squealing here in my cubicle and the guys outside started wondering what in the world I was doing.....

Shiz
www.shizknitz.com

Thursday, December 16, 2004 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! You get em! What do they mean Burger Bites aren't real cookies(yes please post a recipe)!! Those ungrateful hens! You showed them!!!!!

Friday, December 17, 2004 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

"Oh no they di'int"

Fo real, yo.

That is hilarious. I think I am 100% certain you're one of those 'go ahead and tell me I can't and I will and then wipe the floor with you' kind of people. Which kicks ass. Seriously.

Friday, December 17, 2004 8:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home