Friday, December 31, 2004

float your boat

Every year my Grandma is OBSESSED with the Rose Parade. Big deal I say. She used to video tape the parade on tv, and then watch it throughout the year. Hello crazy. And, she HAS to go out to Pasadena to see the floats as they are being assembled. I got out of going with her many years, and this year I decided what the hell, I'll go.

I gotta say, it was pretty impressive. It's amazing how many volunteers work so long to glue those little flower petals on each float. The tv doesn't do it justice.

I'll tell you what wasn't impressive, the long lines to wait to see these things. Ugh. I could do without that.

Here are some pictures, click here for a bigger view.





3 Comments:

Blogger Alexandria said...

ooh how beautiful. thanks for sharing the pics :D

Sunday, January 02, 2005 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You know the Rose Parade is always something that I watch on t.v. and think to myself, "Thank GAWD I'm not there...in the cold...freezing....with crowds!"

I went to see the floats up close and personal once. Once was enough.

Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger jon said...

I am looking everywhere for golf shoes and golf shoes, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your golf shoes blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home