Friday, December 03, 2004

I don't want to grow up

Are you doing what you always wanted to do when you "grew up?"

A bunch of people are partaking in this illustration friday thing. It's very inspiring, but boy are my design skills rusty. When I was a kid I wanted to be an artist. Wait, that - and work for Hello Kitty, no wait, that - and work for Disney. Well anyway, turns out I did get to do all of those things, and while I'm not a "true artist" I do work in a design field. I feel I acheived what I wanted to do, "when I grew up." So I guess I'm luckier than those who never came close to their childhood dream.

When I look at my son I wonder what he'll be when he grows up. I wonder if my mom looked at me and wondered the same thing. It's amazing to think what can happen through the course of your life. What will he accomplish?

Of course right now he's hitting himself in the head with the tv remote...

4 Comments:

Blogger bRuiner said...

Hahahah... Maybe he wants to grow up to be the guy who hits himself in the head with the TV remote?!! He's well on his way :-)

Friday, December 03, 2004 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not doing what I expected but rather liking my life in general anyway. Don't really remember any one thing specific (except that it all involved fame/money).

My son is at the moment absolutely nothing like I had dreamed for him. But I wasn't for my parents at that point either so there's still hope.
-kat

Friday, December 03, 2004 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I saw that cereality thing in People magazine -- looking at that photo makes my teeth hurt. But, yummmm, Cap'n Crunch. Love the Cap'n.

I'm still trying to decide what I wanna do when I grow up. I think that will always be a thought in me little ol' head!

Friday, December 03, 2004 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Hell, I don't know many folks who know what they want to do when they grow up (me included), and we're all approaching early middle age! You are super lucky, and I love the clincher you ended your post with.

You always make me chuckle!

Monday, December 06, 2004 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home