Tuesday, December 07, 2004

ornamental

Every year I hand make my Christmas cards. Usually it's a daunting task that I think about months in advance. I like to make cards that move, or pop up, something different. Of course my address list is like 60 people long, so whatever I decide to do, I have to decide early.

Since this is the first year that we have the kid, a family portrait would be in order. But my husband is very against those traditional "photo cards," and I don't care for those "sum up the year" letters. I mean, who cares what I did this year, I can tell you that I watched the Apprentice and ate more caramel corn than humanly possible. That about sums up the year.

So here's my big idea this year - a four sided ornament for the tree. I modeled this after the papersource one, while they used decorative paper, I stepped it up a notch by putting christmas greetings on cardstock and using family portraits on the others.

Like with everything I do, I had to do a prototype and do some test designs. To the left is my basic template. Then you just cut out the circles, fold them in half, glue em together and glue some ribbon down in there and you're done!

4 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Now that is neat!

I would like to get a year end letter with what people really did. That's why I like blogs so much I really get to find out what people do instead of getting a letter saying that cousin Celia got another freaking Poodle!

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

What a cool idea! You are so creative. I did the ol' standard photo card. Again.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger myblog said...

I can’t believe that the stores are already selling Christmas decorations. Where has this year gone?! Pretty soon it’ll be time to send out holiday cards. Unbelievable! I’ve been surfing around to see if anybody’s talking about the latest gift ideas for the holidays. I never know what to get my relatives, especially those far away. My keyword search led me to this post. While your blog wasn’t exactly on topic, I really have enjoyed reading your comments. Happy Holidays!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Hi, as we approach this season of gift giving, Christmas cards and wild parties, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog and want to wish you the best for the holidays. I hope it is a time of refreshment for you and your family.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home