Sunday, December 05, 2004

saint nick

I took my son to see a mall Santa for the first time ever! We didn't have much of a wait, thank god. But when we got there Santa was on break, so when he finally did show up and rounded a corner, there were screams of joy. I wanted to scream SSSAAAANNTTAA..ala Will Ferrell in ELF, that would have been hilarious, but it might have scared the children.

So Santa and I chatted a bit while they fixed the camera:

Santa: "Does your son weigh 15 pounds?"
Me: "Hey! Pretty close, 16 pounds, but he's very small considering he's 10 months old"
Santa: "Well I've held a lot of kids, I once saw a 20 pound 4 month old."
Me: "Yikes, that must have been heavy to carry."
Santa: "Yeah, kids of your nationality are always small."

I was cracking up and laughed silently to myself thinking, is Santa a racist? My brother said, "Santa is just culturally insensitive." Ha!

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

The Elf-inspired scream would have made ME laugh!!!

And if Santa said that to me, I would have pulled his beard off and socked him in the stomach!!! Apparently he never met my son who was 26 pounds at a mere 9 months!!! BAH HUMBUG!

P.S. There was an article (short one) in yesterday's L.A. Times about the Cereality stores you were posting about. That just did me in and I made my husband run out and get me a box o' Cap'n Crunch.

Of course now my mouth is all cut up from eating too much. Oh well.

Sunday, December 05, 2004 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I hope your kid peed on Santa.

Sunday, December 05, 2004 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

At least your child would sit in Santa's lap. Mine wouldn't have a thing to do with him...told me "no mama, go back now" Just wait, fun times ahead...

Monday, December 06, 2004 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh my! I'm not sure how I would've reacted. Prolly appalled on the inside and slightly incredulous on the outside. I love your convo between you and your bro. It really made me chuckle!

Monday, December 06, 2004 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

You yellow devils are all the same. Honest.

I am so getting crossed off the christmas card list for that.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home