Thursday, January 20, 2005

haircut 100

I have been going to the same hairdresser for over 5 years. She's good, it's just that it's a pain to make and appointment and haul down there. So I took a chance and went to a salon around the corner. I gotta tell you, I went there cause the font on the sign was fabulous. I told you I have a thing about fonts.

Guess what - it's the best haircut I've ever had. When I was younger in my teens - I had my hair all kinds of crazy. Spiked, short, bobbed, pink whatever. Then as you go to college, get a job, get married - have a baby - you don't have time to have fun with your hair. You get stuck in an easy rut.

So I went in and I chopped the sucker. She maniacally took a razor too it and it looks fantastic. When I looked down at the hair that was swept up, it looked like a wig lying on the ground! So much was cut off, but the hair on my head still looked great.

Now the kid needs a haircut. I've been putting it in a mohawk for my own amusement, but I'm sure that's just one of the many reasons I am a bad mother. Yet another reason? I let him play with a plastic container for half an hour while I watched Jennifer Lopez, Making the Video.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Come on, Jenn. Post a pic! I wanna see the fabulous do! :) (If ya don't, I understand. Just thought I'd ask.)

Friday, January 21, 2005 12:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that! (Or you can just send me a pic through email! ;) ) I can't find anyone good over here...it's weird cuz most people's hair is so nice & perfect, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a cut. I used to get great cuts at a salon on Main St. (S.M.), but my stylist was a bitch to my sister one time, and that was it; we stopped giving her our business. But the downside is, now we can't find another stylist who cuts it as well. :(
-H.K.

Friday, January 21, 2005 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Kick ass! I love it when a good haircut happens!

So will you post a pic, or what?! I implore you! (or at least, email me one!).

Friday, January 21, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Your son's hair cracks me up.
Letting the kids play with any old wrapper or container is the *BEST* when you're watching some really important stuff on t.v. (like, you know, The Real World or Sorority Life).

And you have yet to succumb to the generic mom hair do? The Pony? That's my daily style...how crappy is that?

Friday, January 21, 2005 8:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, spill! since we're both in la and all - gotta know. my hair is pathetic.

Friday, January 21, 2005 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

sorry, you won't be seeing my yucky mug anytime soon.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn. Too bad Kyle didn't have a great haircut. You'd show us that. I cut my own cause I figured if I was gonna be mad at someone it might as well be me.

You're not a bad mom. I'm sure you haven't even gotten to show him how to get the pop-tarts and pop in a dvd yet.
-kat

Monday, January 24, 2005 2:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home