Tuesday, January 11, 2005

house of cards

When I am under pressure to design things, it takes days - sometimes weeks to come up with something I am satisfied with.

In March, two of my friend's kids have birthdays. I am the "unoffical invite designer" for both of them. Every year I try and design something unique and fun, but now that I have my own kid, I'm quickly running out of creativity. Then, one morning I wake up - and they appear to me.

Last year was all about stamping and embossing for me. Don't have time, too toxic. So this year is all about folding and cutting. I designed these aloha shirt invites for my son's first birthday, which morphed into bowling shirts for BJ's bowling party, then came up with these little purse cards for MB's 3rd birthday.

Whew. I am officially tapped out of ideas...



6 Comments:

Blogger little things said...

I love your invite designs... especially the aloha shirt invites!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Oh my they are awesome!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger arlene said...

I really like the purse. Too cute!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Me oh my! Those shirt cards are sheer genius!

You kick royal arse, Jenn. You really, truly do.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Those are too freakin' cute!!!!

I like the addition of the buttons.....

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 2:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're only tapped out temporarily. Well done. I used to be the same way with the kid's birthday cakes. It got difficult but ultimately I loved doing it and the kids have fond memories.
-kat

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 7:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home