Thursday, January 13, 2005

seat BELT

Today I drove over to my Grandm's house. She got in the car and was so engrossed in talking to the baby, she didn't put her seatbelt on. I asked her twice. On the third time...

Me: "Gram, you better put your seatbelt on.
(nothing.)
Me: "HELLO?"
Gram: "Just drive, I'll be fine."
Me: "Are you nuts, I'm not gonna be responsible for your injuries."
Gram: "Alright, but I don't have insurance, so there's no point in trying to kill me."

What the hell does that mean? Maybe she's still angry about the fact that I threatened to punch her in the face if she didn't stop talking about egg salad after an hour straight. Oh well. I'm sure she's called Elder Abuse on me already.

5 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Your grandma sounds like a real card.

This was a hilarious story! =)

Friday, January 14, 2005 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You guys sound kinda like Edith and Archie Bunker! Ha ha!

Friday, January 14, 2005 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Okay so this is off-topic...but I was just reading your wonderous recipe for the cherry ice cream sandwiches....which is really quite enticing. But in the page you wrote, "I made a batch of chocolate wafers." But, um, I'm a dufus. How do'ya make 'em? They look scrumptious!!!!!

Friday, January 14, 2005 6:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least she didn't weild that wicked looking envelope opener at you. I'm telling you, I would hurt myself with that thing!
-kat

Friday, January 14, 2005 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

the chocolate wafer post is coming up...stay tuned..

Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home