Monday, January 17, 2005

six o'clock already i was just in the middle of a dream

Today is a very special Monday - it's my son's first birthday! Wow, no joke that time passes fast when you have kids. Seems like he was just born!

To celebrate we were going to go to Disneyland, til I got on the road and realized that it's a federal holiday, therefore, forget it. The crowds would ruin the day. So the next best thing - I swerved off the road and went to IKEA. Ha! What a nice way to spend your birthday, in a giant, feelingless shopping mart.

I went to get him this cute penguin sippy cup I saw in Lucky Magazine, but as usual, the IKEA did not have what I wanted. However I got some cool gift wrap for only 10 cents. Course the kid doesn't have a gift, but oh well. Happy birthday kid of mine!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

happy birthday to your kiddo.

Monday, January 17, 2005 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to T! :)
We went to Disneyland a few days after Christmas...when we drove into the parking lot, there was a sign that said "Disneyland is Full". What the hell? I have never seen that before, have you? They were not selling anymore admission tickets, so unless you had tickets already (which, luckily we did), they would not sell anymore. Sad for those people who were visitors and could not come back! It was crowded, but not crazy, like you'd think. By the way, Happy New Year!
-Hiroko

Monday, January 17, 2005 4:04:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Baby T.! :) He's a doll

Gift or not...he probably didn't notice. And that's a good thing, b/c before you know it, he'll be BUGGING you for things...like every day!

And smart move on making a U turn away from Disneyland ... the crowds woulda just made you GROUCHY, esp. with the weather being gorgeous!!!!

My kids have been begging me to go to D-land, but our passes are blocked out weekends/holidays. harumph

Monday, January 17, 2005 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Happy birthday to your lil one! :)

Monday, January 17, 2005 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Ha ha! You never fail to make me giggle. You really do.

Happy birthday to another sweet little Capricorn! 1!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:33:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your baby!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 7:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How neat. I hope he had a good one. I'm surprised no pictures yet. Today's my "baby's" 18th. He crashed my car into a pole on the slick roads. Happy birthday huh? It's ok. Could have been worse. No, I've not been drinking.

We saw "The Life Aquatic". Twice. Two days in a row. But we loved the Tennenbaums too. Very worthwhile.
-kat

Thursday, January 20, 2005 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home