Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I'll make your heart smile

Giao sent this to me, so I'll it fill out:

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
Don’t ask. I know I’m approaching 600 cds, and my iPOD is pissed off.

2. The last CD you bought was:
I don’t remember, but I wish it was this.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
“World” by New Order off “Republic”. This song reminds me of when I worked for the Wherehouse and had to whore cds in the parking lot on a hot summer day.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

"Morning Glory" - Oasis.
I gotta say, anything from this album makes me screamingly happy.

"Strangelove" – Depeche Mode
Makes me want to tattoo the letters on my knuckles. I seriously listen to this song at least once a week. I don’t know why.

"Boys Don't Cry" - The Cure
I could listen to this song ten times in a row. I have.

"Father of Mine" - Everclear
The words to this song are just a little too close to home.

"Elephant Stone" – Stone Roses
Blink and you’d have missed this band, but this is probably my favorite song on earth.

There are plenty others I can think of. I didn't even put my fave Morrissey on that list, but I thought it was already a bit heavy on the 80's alternative.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Hmm.
little things cause I like her style.
DramaQueen cause she cracks me up,
and, how about...
THE HULK - because I wanna know if he has a penchant for the Pet Shop Boys...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was pleasently surprised to find no nips on nippazwitattitude.com

Yo Bro

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Nippaz....that looks hilarious, will try listening to the samples shortly. I love your list of top 5. I used to adore Strangelove in the same way (it's all about Martin Gore for me, even though he isn't the main singer on that one)...and Elephant Stone, SUPERB SUPERB pic (I loved the Stone Roses so much).

You did make my heart smile. Thank you. :)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

Yay, so glad you got tagged! Those are really great picks. My favorite by Depeche Mode is "It's no good"...that one I could listen to 1000x and still love it.

& I'm still reeling over you touching Keanu....glorious! ;)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger B2 said...

Beaucoup Kevin turned me on to your site, and:

(1) I love Depeche Mode (my first concert was for Black Celebration)

(2) I love The Incredible Hulk's blog (he mentioned me yesterday as "puny human isaac"

(3) I'm a huge Keanu fan (but I'm straight and married. really.)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger B2 said...

P.S. Just BlogRolled you.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how much from my era you listen to and how little of it I've ever listened to. I was a headbanging girl who finally admitted to some of the other likes; much later.

And then there's Everclear...I don't think I could have made it through the destruction of my family without them. All I have to say is Vol 1 track 7.

Did I tell you when they were here they opened with "You make me feel like a whore" and with Art you never know...I thought he was trying to tell us something. Besides hicks can't pogo.
-kat

Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home