Saturday, February 12, 2005

Lift up the receiver, I’ll make you a believer


O.G. and I went to tea at Jin Patisserie. The hip chick across from us was wearing a "Jesus is my Homeboy" hoodie. O.G. leaned in close to me and whispered...

O.G.: "What does that girl's shirt say?"
Me: "NEVERMIND."
O.G.: "I think it says Jesus, something..."
Me: "I'll tell you later."
O.G. "I don't get it..."
Me: "It's just a stupid shirt that cool people buy like to be like Madonna and Paris Hilton, no biggie."
*silence*
O.G.: "Home...boy..is that EBERONICS?"
Me: "Oh my god, you mean EBONICS? Yes, if you'll shut up then YES, "Jesus is my homeboy" is ebonics. Sure.
O.G.: "I don't understand, how can Jesus be your homeboy?"
Me: "Pleeeeaassse shut it."

Ugh. It's now my life's mission to buy O.G. that hoodie and get a picture of her wearing it. But there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $70 for that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Nice Depeche call. Also, you are way too crafty to shell out that $70. You should homegrow that hoodie for O.G.

But you already knew that.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Shiz said...

I'm cracking up!! Do you talk to OG in Japanese or English? I'll never forget the day in HS when my mom came home from work and said to me "shizu, what does assooo mean?" and i said "what??" she said again, "asssooo" (like in Japanese, "oh, really") and I said "@$$hole?" and she said "yeah, that's what someone called me at work today, and I didn't know what they meant". Great. My mom had been cussed out and she had no idea.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No we don't even know how to speak Japanese. None of us do. Not even my grandparents.

My friend said, "are you going to speak another language to your son?" And I was like, uh, the only other language our family speaks is Spanish...." Doh!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You should make her a shirt that says Kirk Cameron is my homeboy. :-)

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger B2 said...

LOL!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can teach him French! I remember you speaking French one time... :)
-hiroko

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd help you out cause they're not $70 here but I took one look at em a long time ago and said "no way would I ever give anything for that". If I come across one in Goodwill I'll let ya know.
-kat

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

H - Yeah I was going to major in french+existential philosopy. There's a road a didn't go down.

Thanks Kat, but I have something better in mind....

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

HIGH-LARIOUS!

Your o.g. is TOO much. Sounds like a sitcom to me...

and like Giao said....nice DM touch.

And. Now I have that song stuck in my head! THANKS! Ha ha! I guess it's much better than hearing the droning voice of my boss. I'd take DM anyday.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home