Tuesday, February 22, 2005

tragic kingdom

Possibly the worst rain in the history of Southern California - aka - not the best day to take the kid to Disneyland.

Those bastards took us for all they could, playing on the fact that we were moronic enough to brave the elements just for some Mickey time. After you pay your $50 admission fee - the rain is so torrential, how could you not purchase one of their insanely priced all weather ponchos for $7 or an umbrella for $11? They have the words Disney on them for god's sakes...stop complaining! Ugh. So yes, we had to do all of that, paid $8 for soup, went on a mere 4 rides and called it a day.

I have the worst sore throat, and am closely watching the kid for signs of pnemonia. Not that I would ever bash the my former wallet filler...I'm just saying....

3 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Feel better! I hope the kid is ok!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm battling a cold right now too -- can't seem to get rid of it, and all this rain doesn't help one bit. In fact I played hooky today b/c frankly I need to get better!!!!

Disneyland, ah Disneyland. We have our annual passes -- we've used them, oh two times now. I blame it all on the weather! Ha! And aren't they tricky with the ponchos and such? We usually eat in Tomorrowland and pay through the nose.....

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

You braved Disneyland in the rain...now that's devotion! I can't remember where I heard this, but I think if it rains while you're there, and you've paid the full admission you can get vouchers to come back to the park another day (not sure if it's true...but it sounds mighty good) .

We're actually going there on Saturday with some old friends. It's only a five minute freeway drive from our house, so we usually come home around five catch a snack...then stay till it closes. ;)

Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home