Friday, March 04, 2005

Everytime I think of you, I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue

Most of my best friendships in the world have come out of a similar love for music. That's what's close to my heart I guess. But with family, you can't choose them, they're just in your life. So imagine my surprise while driving the sis-in-law around...

The scene:
On the radio - Frente's remake of Bizarre Love Triangle...

sis: (singing quietly) "everytime I see you falling..."
Jenn: "HEY!!!"
sis "What?"
Jenn: "How the hell do you know the words to this song?"
sis: (kind of scared from my yelling at her)
"Um, I dunno. I...think I heard it before. Why, who is it?"
Jenn: "Well, it's an old New Order song, but remade crapily by this band called Frente..."
sis: (not really caring) "Oh."

At this point I wanted to stop the car and give her a hug. Because you see, this girl ONLY listens to Hawaiian music. So the fact that she knew the words, well, it touched my heart.

But I couldn't stop the car cause -
1) We were on La Cienega, and a person could get bitch slapped in that neighborhood for such careless driving and
2) I didn't want my sis-in-law to think I was nuts (more than I am).

So instead, I took her to Beverly Center and let her buy whatever she wanted at Victoria's Secret.** Cause you know, nothing says "I love you", like free underwear.


**There's no Victoria's Secret in Hawaii, also no IHOP, just telling you in case you go there and need underwear or pancakes, you're out of luck.

.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I was very surprised to find out that there is no V.S. in Hawai'i -- they can order catalog, but STILL. Come one!

Oh and La Cienega? What about Pico Blvd?! Making a left off of Pico is like shoving hot coals into my eyes.

Um, is Tito's reopened?

Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Uh, that'd be "on"

Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger marezone said...

Ha! Whenever Bizarre Love Triangle comes on, I feel the need to break out into a cha-cha routine.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

I love Bizarre Love Triangle, but I haven't heard the remake. I'll be on the, um, hear-out for it. :/

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Tito's did reopen - I drove by there Saturday and there was a huge crowd outside...

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home