Thursday, March 17, 2005

I stood there beside myself, thinking hard about the weather

A friend of mine emailed me to make sure I was ok, knowing I was slightly depressed about the job situation. I told him that I planned to take out an ad that said,
"part time design-ery mom with punk rock tendancies for hire."

So far, no takers.

I don't know why this job thing is bugging me this time around. It's not like it hasn't happened before. But then today, as I was listening to "Flashback Lunch," New Order's "Perfect Kiss" came on the radio. My son walked up to me, (he actually took steps on his own), and put his arms around me and slow danced with me for the whole song. That's something considering his recent penchant for gangsta rap. Anyway, it made me feel good.

That's love, baby.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

I danced to House of Pain's "Jump Around" just last night before he went to bed!

Maybe tonight we will try New Order. Perhaps he will sleep better.

Friday, March 18, 2005 7:18:00 AM  
Anonymous GnomeG said...

That turned into the sweetest post ever. Awwwww.

I'm really sorry about your recent down-in-the-dumps with the job thing. If it makes you feel any better, I'm hanging loose jobless these days too. =) You can chat me up any time you feel bored or in the doldrums (which I doubt will be often, with your prolific creativity and all...). Take care of you!

Friday, March 18, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - you tryin' to make me cry? either that or you're trying to make the rest of us have babies right at this moment...cut to 5 years later..."what made you decide to have kids?" "it was that one post by JJenn..."

Nothing like a slow dance from your kid to cure all your blues. Hope your job situation gets better...if not - I'm sure another dance is just around the corner. :)

hang in there...

c.beans

Friday, March 18, 2005 2:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why Jenn might be an FIT mother"
Reason #1
---------

She slow dances with her kid. :)

Friday, March 18, 2005 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home