Thursday, March 31, 2005

I'm young and I'm hip and so beautiful, I'm gonna be a supermodel

Well, I've completely whored myself.

My ex-boss. He's a peach, I tell ya. He calls me up and leaves a voicemail that basically says, "We have a huge client coming in. We need to look busy, I need to you to come into the office and just sit there."

What, I wonder, am I going to do to "look busy?" Surf the net? I think they'd notice that ebay had nothing to do with architecture. Or perhaps I could take a page from the slacker handbook, and just bring up a drawing and zoom in and out. Uh, sadly, I've actually worked with people who did that...ALL DAY.

I should just do what that one girl at work used to do. Leave my computer on, leave my task light on....and go home. She usually did this starting at 11am. Worked like a charm for her. Crazy b*tch.

I guess I'm just going to go in, sit down, look pretty - then say, "Give my money." At least I can add "supermodel" to my resume now.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Zooming in and out -- that is too hilarious!!!

I usually carry a clipboard or notepad and roam around campus, looking mighty busy and important.

Killing time and looking busy (when you're not) is no easy task. No siree.

Fakin' it is hard....I'd say that's worth a day's salary, don't you?

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Is your boss David Brent?

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

um...yeah.

More LUMBERGH.

Friday, April 01, 2005 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you clarified that you were whoring yourself figuratively and not literally. That does not look nearly as good on a resume. Tho I've met enough that thought it was an additional duty.

I always thought Gary Cole was rather hot. Maybe not as Mr. Brady but in general...
-kat

Friday, April 01, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume either.
-kat

Friday, April 01, 2005 2:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home