Monday, March 21, 2005

Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking when I said...

.
"Isn't my child cute?"

That is one thing you will never hear me ask. Just because I personally think he's cute, doesn't mean I should force everyone else to think so. How many times have people said that to me while shoving a picture of their, *ahem*, not-so-attractive kid, in my face. Sure, they think their kid's good-looking, IT'S THEIRS.

Just to make this clear, yes I love my kid, and yes I think he's cute. But that doesn't mean you have to agree. (Just clarifying for later in life when the kid develops a complex...)

Meanwhile, my mother-in-law calls today to say:

"Jenn, we showed all our friends pictures of the baby and they all say he's the cutest kid, EVER."


Then, with MUCH DISAPPOINTMENT in her voice, she adds...

"They all say, he looks...like you."


Gee, backhanded compliments. Surprisingly, not the best feeling. Just saying.
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Yo bro said...

Ha ha, that is awesome!

Monday, March 21, 2005 2:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe - yikes...if that's the kind of comments I can expect of any future mother in law...makes me not wanna get married.

then again - you're own sister could be capable of the same err:

everyone: "Cute kid! Is that your son?"
me: "No, err, it's my niece - I guess it's cuz she looks like my younger brother"

Sadly everyone thinks she makes a cute BOY. (DOH!) She's still waiting for her hair to grow in...I'm sure once it does - the cuteness will definitely shine as a girl...until then...it's a lot of pink.

*sigh* - yeah, back handed comment from your mother-in-law, but at least your son LOOKS like a cute boy and not the opposite. haha.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home