Wednesday, March 02, 2005

We close our eyes, and the world has turned around again


After a long day of drawing urinals (yes this is my job), I hopped into the car just in time to catch the tail end of Flashback Lunch.

Few songs make me jump out of the seat and take my hands off the wheel, but today, Richard Blade (he's back and I love him) played Oingo Boingo's "We Close Our Eyes." Jesus Christ I love that song. I haven't heard it in ages.

It's not your typical "Deadman's Party" i.e. "Hey it's October, let's play that old 80's song" kind of Boingo. It's happy and has lots of sugary lyrics. Just light enough to make you dance in your car but still has that Danny Elfman edge.

Listen to it, "And if you think it's not too late...we might start falling in love."

4 Comments:

Blogger bRuiner said...

I love boingo, and i love that song :-)

There another "love song" (tho sadder) song on the newer boingo CD (the one with Insanity on it) called Can't See that is great too. i enjoy that whole CD in case you've only heard the boingo from the 80's.

bRuiner

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

You know me.

I'm the one who only likes Sting back when he was "good." Not all sappy "Soul Cage-y" the way you like him now.
;)

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh Richard Blade....Swedish Egil... Jed the Fish.....The Poorman....
oh those names are such a sweet memory.

While we're at it...check out this:
Kroqsucks***sorry about the deleted post -- I was trying to make a link***

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home