Tuesday, March 15, 2005

“you’re not fooling anyone”, they know I’m rock and roll through and through



Uh, when I first came across this website for a band called Seona Dancing, I swear I thought it was a joke. I mean, Ricky Gervais, aka "David Brent" from BBC's the Office, in an 80's synth band, and ME not know about it. For shame. Bad Jenn.

When I downloaded the two songs, I thought...holy crap. This is the kind of 80's music that I love. It's too funny! Well, actually the early pictures of Gervais...now that's funny.

But the music is good, well if you like that sort of "OMD & Joy Division had a baby" kind of sound. Which of course, I do.


All photos&content courtesy of this site.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Oh my goodness. I couldn't tell which was Ricky until I opened the page of all the pics and looked really, really closely! I am going to have to pass this to Monkey. It's nuts!

Thanks for sharing!!

Also, have you seen the previews for the American version of the Office on NBC? I'll try to reserve judgment, but so far, looks kind of duddy.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

I downloaded the songs, but had to leave for work. I'll listen to them when i get home.

And yeah, what was he.. like 17 when those pictures were taken?

I watched the SPECIAL 2 episodes of the office.. funny, sad, and happy all at once. The music video part was hilarious.....

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

Hey! Thanks for the exposure. :D He does look a lot different now than before, but he doesn't look bad now. A little chubby, but not bad at all.

Did some quick math, and Ricky was 22 at the time of those pics.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

*ahem*
I planned to blog about the NBC Office show...but I'll hold til it airs.

Cause...
it looks god awful.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

Yeah, I've seen commercials for it too, and it looks absolutely terrible. What's the Office without Ricky?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Kev - I told you the SPECIAL was good.

Here's your new screensaver.
You're welcome.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home