Friday, April 29, 2005

the happiest soup on earth

I wanted clam chowder, so I went to Disneyland.
Where else would I go?

Today was a good day to go, not a lot of people, considering Friday traffic. My mom and I had passes so we headed down there. We just walked around, there's not much you can do with a 1-1/2 year old.

I suggested we go on "It's a Small World" simply because I really wanted to take a nap. But that plan was thwarted by the incessant doll-singing. I got the feeling that the kid wasn't impressed either, as he exited the ride with a weird dazed expression. My mom said, "he doesn't look happy, yet he doesn't look unhappy." Basically.

One thing that always strikes me as odd is the families that dress alike, so as to not lose each other. Good concept, however they always choose orange or red, just like EVERYONE ELSE. So what's the point? Pay attention, kiddo, are you with the orange-shirted family from Akron or the orange-shirted family from Orlando?

Anyway, it wasn't very good, but I got my soup, and that's all that matters.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I really enjoyed the (non-alcoholic) mint juleps and beignets (sp?) from the restaurant in Disneyland's New Orleans section. I haven't been to Disneyland in forever. I should go soon.

Friday, April 29, 2005 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You crack me up. It's funny to see those color-coded families. Some of them even have their own whistle tune -- you can always hear them whistling back and forth like mockingbirds. And then there are the walkie talkie fams who say really important things like:

"I'm in line at Peter Pan.....what are you doing? Over."

"I'm eating a clam chowder bread bowl........Over..."

"..............."

Har. Har.

We almost went to D-land yesterday (they expired yesterday). Now we have to renew. Ugh. And Henry's no longer free. :(

Friday, April 29, 2005 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oops...the *passes* expired yesterday.

But you knew that.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I imagine that when I do have a family, I'd put my family portrait on a shirt and make everyone wear them so if I loose a kid, I can just point to my chest and say "I lost THIS kid!"

That and make everyone wear those shoes that flash when you walk.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 1:37:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Leslie, if we were on walkie talkies at D-Land it would go like this:

L: "I've been waiting for two hours for the Tiki Room. Over."

J: "Are you high, no one goes on that. Over"

L: "I may just leave and go buy a giant turkey leg. Over."

J: "You do that. Over."

L: "Screw it, meet me by the churros. Over."

Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous mipmup said...

that's so funny. when we had annual passes, we used to do the same thing but for their vegetable gumbo. we went two weeks ago after not being there for a couple years and we marveled at the cost of food ($7.50 for a hot dog and chips?!), blatant tie-ins and commercialsm, the fact that the "cast members" are no longer as friendly or knowledgable and how sad walt would probably be. that and the fact that if you check out the statue of walt and mickey in central plaza from the side and it looks like walt has wood.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Girlfriend,
Is the clam chowder at Disney REALLY that good? Because I'm thinking 'yuck'.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No Jen,

The soup was way awful. It used to be better, I swear. Now it's like...think vomit, but thicker. Nice image...

Saturday, April 30, 2005 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Or it would go something like this:

L: "Jenn where are you right now? Over...."

J: ".........huh? wah? Oh, I'm napping on it's a small world! Over...."

L: "Man, I'm hungry....over"

J: "Let's get one of those caramel sticks dipped in chocolate and nuts....Over..."

L: "You're a F.B., yo! OVAH!"

Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

J: "Lesl-I'll give you OVAH - OVER!"

Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home