Thursday, April 28, 2005

I used all my sick days, so I called in DEAD.

I have known this one co-worker of mine for over 8 years. We worked on every project together, when something was wrong with him, they took me aside to find out what was wrong. When I had issues, they hunted him down to see what was wrong with me. So we're pretty tight.

He went missing for a few days last week, and even though I don't work there anymore, the calls still came. I remember him telling me that if he ever didn't show up to work (cause he works 70 hour weeks) that I should go and see if he's dead on the floor at home, since he lives alone. So when people started calling ME - asking where he was? Well...

Luckily he called me back right away. I really wasn't in the mood to go pick up a dead body yesterday. Today? Maybe.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

This is so morbidly funny.

A friend of mine lives in a 36 floor condo building -- and she said that a fellow resident once passed away in the stairway area. Since people used the elevator more frequently, they didn't find his body FOR DAYS. EW.

EW.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

If he works 70 hour weeks, he is already dead.

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home