Sunday, April 17, 2005

it's a luscious mix of words and tricks

So, I taught my kid sign language. I was getting pretty ticked that I couldn't understand him, I'm sure he felt the same about me. Now he can say 'food', 'more' and 'thank you'. It's made my life a hell of a lot easier, I'll tell you.

Jenn: "I taught the Kid sign language."
MyBRO: "What, like PROJECT X?"
Jenn: "That movie with Ferris and the monkey?"
MyBRO: "Yeah. Are you sure you're teaching him real stuff, or are you just making crap up?"
Jenn: "Geez, real stuff of course."
(to the Kid)
MyBRO: "Hey, you, Project X! Come here."
Jenn: "I've got your sign language right here, you bastard."
(as I give my brother the finger)
MyBRO: "Yes, I AM number one..."
.

3 Comments:

Blogger B2 said...

We taught our fist two kids "more" and then gave up; kid #3 is on her own (and is talking much quicker than the other two did).

Monday, April 18, 2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Our friends' daughter is just learning to talk. I was trying to teach her how to laugh like "Muwa-ha-ha" but Brent ratted me out by telling her parents, "Nanette's trying to hack your baby!"

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I tried to teach Will a few things - like 'bath' and 'juice' but he just looks at me like I'm crazy. So now I just say (loud!) "do you want to take a BATH!?!" "How about a BATH?!?"

Seems to work just fine.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home