Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Now Milton, don't be greedy, let's pass it along and make sure everyone gets a piece.

I am a good friend. Honest! Especially when it comes to birthdays. You will NEVER get a gift late, and if I really love you, I just may bake something for you.

I'm a total freak about it too. One friend of mine was from the South and wanted nothing more than his mother's Red Velvet Cake. Of course I killed myself trying to make it just so, and he loved it, which made me very happy. Course things don't always go as planned. I made another friend his fave chocolate cherry cake, followed the recipe to the letter, and it was...awful. And never one to give me a break, he hasn't let me forget it. Making me, quite sad.

This week is Woodsy's bday and I have a brand new cake pan to bust out. It looks like a gift, you see? You see?? Of course, I have to make it really look like a gift, so I took part of the batter and added red food coloring.

I think it's pretty cute. Hope she likes it. It's LEMON....mmm...

To see how it works...go here.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

My birthday is June 5th. Just in case you were a-wonderin'.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Cool pan.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

fondant!




...you knew that was coming didn't you? hehe

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great pan. The first thing I thought of was Tiffany's.
-kat

but you see, i didn't get a piece the last time...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You should hide a red stapler in it. Actually, better not or Woodsy may burn down your building.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger little things said...

Cute cake! Mmmm... I am now craving me some cake!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Gibbons...er, I mean Ron Livingston was playing poker on the travel channel the other day.

I cannot call him Ron...I was all like, "don't do it Peter! don't call him!"

*sigh* great movie...

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Prosper said...

It won't really have effect, I think this way.
site

Monday, December 12, 2011 6:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home