Friday, April 08, 2005

Shiver and say the words, of every lie you've heard

There's something to be said about taking your kid for a long walk on the beach in the afternoon. He gets to bark at dogs and I get to listen to my iPod for an hour straight. Putting the thing on random song shuffle is a dangerous game. It can bring up music you didn't even know you had, not to mention songs that bring back memories of various times in your life.

This time around, some very old Echo & the Bunnymen, which immediately made me think of Goth Best Friend* and I going to work together on the Disney lot. One of my most fave co-workers, since we got on so well. Nice happy times.

I hadn't talked to him in about a year, since before the kid was born, so I gave him a call this morning. It took some tracking down, these goth-boys are elusive, I tell you. The first thing out of his mouth, "Hearing your voice takes me back to working together at Disney, over FIVE years ago." What a coincidence.

He's doing well, which I'm happy about. He's the happiest little goth boy I know, that's for sure.

I wonder what adventures into my memory my next iPod selection will bring.


*Not to be confused with "new-Audi-driving-goth-guy," who turns out, is kind of a dick. Over him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

Am so jealous. Walk on the beach? You're mean!

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess your original consensus about "audi-goth-guy" was correct. :(

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

ipods and itunes "Party Shuffle" can be sneaky in that way...crazy how you can forget what music is hiding on there. ;)

Friday, April 08, 2005 4:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Art was right: Oh no you can never go back.
-kat

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home