Sunday, April 10, 2005

think, George Michael doing lightsaber moves...



Ok, seriously, these movie tie-ins are getting out of hand. "Darth Mix" M&Ms? Come on. I generally like movies, I just don't like the promos shoved down my face in every aisle of the supermarket.

Personally, I am all for spicing up the colors of M&M's, especially if one of the colors involved is maroon. Hello, it's a Pantone world, baby, no one cares about oranges and greens anymore. However, this last Star Wars movie promotional campaign is out of control. AND, it's playing havoc with the fanatic's brains.

For instance, as we speak, there are approx. 122 people lined up 6 weeks in advance for the premiere of Revenge of the Sith, at the Mann's Chinese in Hollywood. Did you know, the movie isn't even playing there? It's playing down the street at the ArcLight. What the...? At least they have 6 weeks to haul their asses down the street.

Well, at least they didn't totally whore out the movie and do something incredibly lame like a Mr. Potato Head dressed as Darth Vader, called "Darth Tater." Oh wait. What?
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

Oh yes! I agree. I get sooooo tired of all the movie marketing. Do you know that when The Cat in the Hat was being promoted, I actually bought a "Cat in the Hat Mr. Clean" without even knowing. Yes, they're even in cleaning products. Ugh.

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that this Hick Chick is expecting at least 3 people to get me a Darth Tater if they ever find one. Like you I seem to have run into everything but.
-kat

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a light saber spoon out of my POPS this morning! Yes it is out of hand and I did buy the pops for the spoon....MY kids wanted the spoon...that's it:)
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Christine said...

Just curious, don't get the George Micheal connection?

And I still like the green ones. Just old fashion, I guess.

Ta

Saturday, April 16, 2005 4:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home