Monday, April 25, 2005

we got the beat

Last night I punched myself in the face. I was pulling the comforter up, cause I like it to be right under my ears, so I can be warm and snuggly, but then I lost my grip and my fist came right back and punched me in the eye. I laughed and laughed, cause

1) I am an idiot.
and
2) When I went to the emergency room a while ago for stomach troubles, the male nurse said to me, "Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence?" I laughed and laughed, til I realized he wasn't joking, so I said, "Oh, sorry. I thought you were kidding. No, the answer is no." He gave me the big squinty eye and said, "It's a serious question and routine question."

I felt bad for looking like a jackass who made light of domestic violence. Then I didn't feel so bad when the bastard didn't check on me for two hours. The only bruises I get are from me being stupid clumsy. However, I think later I will verbally abuse myself, or at least give myself a stern talking too.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

I hope you're ok. LOL.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Better keep yourself in line, girl.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think we are related. Cause I did that only it was cause the cat was laying on my stomach and my hand slipped. Right in the nose so hard it hurt like hell and almost blackened both my eyes. Luckily, everyone knows me pretty well and didn't think twice on the explanation.

Get well soon!
-kat

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You are so hilarious! Give yourself a good spankin' or a stern scolding!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Beatls8 said...

Thanks for finally realizing the importance of the domestic violence screening that the nurse has been trained to do in hopes of helping someone who is fearing for their life and feels they have no where else to turn. A variety of people, including family members of those who have lost a loved one to domestic violence, were very active and worked tirelessly to assure that laws were passed where ER employees must screen for domestic violence. Hundreds of lives have been saved and/or improved as a result of the simple question that you chose to laugh at. Be glad that you aren't one of the thousands who are living with violence in their homes and fear for their life daily.
As an advocate for victims of domestic violence, I want to thank you for bringing the topic up on your site. Next time you are in the ER and asked about your current living situation, don't laugh, simply say that you do not experience any violence in your home, thank the ER personnel for doing the assessment, count your blessings, and possibly make a donation to your local women's shelter.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home