Tuesday, May 17, 2005

David Brent makes a genie motion.
"You've charmed me. You've got the job."

Like a bad boyfriend who I just can't break up with, the Office has called me back. Until we go on Dr. Phil and he tells us to call it quits, I will probably keep going back for more abuse.

I get an email this morning asking me to come in next week. That was 8am. At 9am I get an IM from a co-worker saying he "heard" them say that I wasn't interested. Hello. One HOUR has passed.

So I called the co-worker who solicited me...

Jenn: "I hear I'm not interested in the work. I also heard you plan to give it to someone else."
CO: "Well, I hadn't heard from you."
Jenn: "It's been ONE HOUR, give me a freakin' break."
CO: "I'm impatient, lately. Don't ask me why."
Jenn: "Well if you're that impatient you can shove the job up your ass and give it to the other guy."
CO: "No, no, we want you. You come first."
Jenn: "Right, which is why you had no time to wait an HOUR for my call. Thanks. How many days do you need me? "
CO: "2. No, 4. How about 5?"
Jenn: "Good lord, which is it? Just tell me!"
CO: "Whatever you want - anytime, anyday next week, you name it."
Jenn: "Fine. I'll be there Monday at 7:30."


See what I mean? It's sick relationship. And I get paid for it.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I LOVE that you told them they could "shove the job" up their ass and they still wanted ya! Freakin' hilarious. :)

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

That's why we still keep going back.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they the ones who screwed you? I'm thinking so. It may be a sick relationship, but at least it seems to work with your life.

I heard on the radio (unconfirmed) that Arrested Development IS coming back for a 3rd season. Jason Lee is supposed to be having his own show on I think NBC at some point too. I think it's called something like "my name is eddie". I don't remember.
-kat

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Believe me, I KNOW Jason Lee is having his own show. That will be tivo'ed you can count on it whethere it crappy or not....

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Percival said...

The writer is totally fair, and there is no question.
see this | check this | here

Friday, March 09, 2012 3:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home